If you are currently open to new challenges and have developed your career in a mid-size/big international pharmaceutical company as a Sr. Scientist / Principal Scientist Medicinal Chemistry this may be a unique opportunity for you in the design and synthesis of novel drug molecules.
Oxford Global Resources is looking for a Principal Scientist Lead Medicinal Chemist who will join Janssen-Cilag in Madrid (Toledo). This Janssen Research & Development site is embedded in Janssen's worldwide R&D network, being one of the only 5 sites that company has in EUA and EU and with a successful track record over 30 years in drug discovery. Janssen offers a permanent contract and an exciting position in an international environment, attractive remuneration package and additional benefits. The Toledo Chemistry Capabilities team is focused on the development and application of novel methodologies to expand the chemical space accessible to medicinal chemistry teams in an automated manner. Towards this goal a broad range of state-of-the-art chemical technologies, including automated flow chemistry, are used to identify, synthesize, and optimize new molecular entities.
The Senior Scientist Medicinal Chemist will join a capable, multi-disciplinary, international research division responsible for key medicinal chemistry activities across drug discovery including structure-activity relationships, the interpretation of biological data, the understanding of physicochemical properties, and providing general expertise in the drugging of challenging targets across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- PhD degree in synthetic, organic, or medicinal chemistry.
- At least 5 years of experience in scientific project leader role with proven advancement of projects from target ID to IND.
- Deep knowledge of the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with good understanding of modern synthetic & analytical techniques.
- Familiarity with structure-based and fragment-based drug discovery.
- Track record of scientific contributions (peer reviewed publications, patents, oral presentations…).
- Skilled people manager (supervising junior staff, career development for direct reports...).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient in English both verbal and in writing.
- Good soft skills, willing to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner suggesting alternative solutions for existing problems.
- Expertise or a keen interest in handling large data sets, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is a plus.
- Expertise in oncology / immunology fields is a plus.
- Experience in drug modalities such as DEL or protein degradation is a plus
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages.
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.