Unique and exciting position for Senior Scientist Flow Chemistry who will join an international and reference group within Janssen Medicinal Chemistry team in Toledo. The Sr. Scientist Flow Chemistry will be leading the automated flow chemistry platform at a global level in J&J and might be integrated in a worldwide pioneering project within the pharmaceutical industry.
Oxford Global Resources is looking for a Sr. Scientist Flow Chemistry who will join Janssen-Cilag in Madrid (Toledo). This Janssen Research & Development site is embedded in Janssen's worldwide R&D network, being one of the only 5 sites that company has in EUA and EU and with a successful track record over 30 years in drug discovery. Janssen offers a permanent contract and an exciting position in an international environment, attractive remuneration package and additional benefits. The Toledo Chemistry Capabilities team is focused on the development and application of novel methodologies to expand the chemical space accessible to medicinal chemistry teams in an automated manner. Towards this goal a broad range of state-of-the-art chemical technologies, including automated flow chemistry, are used to identify, synthesize, and optimize new molecular entities.
- To setup, configure and integrate the flow chemistry equipment with the on-line analysis.
- PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry or chemical engineering with 3-5 years of post-degree experience in the application of flow chemistry in the Pharma or academic setting.
- Demonstrated experience in complex organic chemistry, especially multi-step synthesis. Hands on experience with parallel synthesis approaches, in-line analysis and its integration in automated platforms is a plus.
- Good public record of scientific contributions (peer reviewed publications in high impact factor journals, patents, oral presentations…).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing.
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages.
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.