Do you have a strong background in petrochemistry? Have you worked with pilot plants/catalysts or would you like to expand your knowledge in this field using applied research? We are looking for you!
Our client is part of an international chemical company which conducts research into new products and application areas for lubricants and fuels.
They are looking for an experienced pilot plant chemist to strengthen the R&D team at their research laboratory. In this role you will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals to improve upon existing methodologies suitable for metalworking- and cleaning.
As chemist & subject matter expert you will use your chemical background and you will work together with the chemist in order to develop new tests and optimize existing plans.
- Development & optimization of pilot plant testing methodologies;
- Perform tests at the Catalyst Pilot Plant;
- Starting, planning, & executing projects;
- Engaging in technical discussions within the R&D team;
- Analysis of results and planning of new experiments;
- Ensuring the quality of the reports by contributing to the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used.
- At least in the possession of a BSc in (organic) chemistry or similar;
- At least 3 years of experience with R&D/pilot plant/catalyst development or similar is a must;
- Ability to work with a great level of independence and the ability to effectively manage projects;
- Adequate mathematical skills;
- Excellent communicative skills and a client oriented approach;
- English is a must, Dutch an advantage;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: start via Oxford for at least 1 year, extension possible;
- Salary: €3500 - €6000 gross monthly based on a full-time position;
- Holidays: 25;
- Hours: full-time, part-time is negotiable, flexible work times;
- Additional benefits: 13th month, health care collectivity discount; excellent travel cost reimbursement.
- Vacancy number: 18158