For one of our clients in Breda ( The Netherlands ) , we are currently looking for a "Packaging Engineer (GMP)".
This position reports into the Packaging Engineering group under Final Product Technologie. The position will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions and devices.
This position utilizes physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with advanced and diverse materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes.
A strong knowledge of common materials utilized in pharmaceutical packaging is required. Key material knowledge requirements of the structural components and chemical properties of polymers, adhesives, inks, varnishes and paper is required. Understanding of packaging manufacturing equipment and processes and how materials interact with these is essential to the position.
This role requires entry level management, excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Coaching of entry level engineers and contingent workers
- Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts and design ideas
- Evaluation, recommendation and selection of new packaging materials and concepts
- Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending and implementing solutions
- Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials.
- Write Technical Specifications
- Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
- Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
- Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and Regulatory to implement changes
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- Master's degree & 3 years of directly related experience OR Bachelor's degree & 5 years of directly related experience
- MS in packaging engineering, design engineering or another engineering discipline
- 5+ years of packaging materials experience with 3+ years within the Pharma/Bio industry
- Experience in sustainable packaging design
- Independent thinker with demonstrated skills
- Working in teams or leading project teams
- Problem solving / creative thinking skills.
- Comfortable in a production environment
- Not afraid of hands-on work
- Ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time understands the importance of detailed documentation
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
- Start date as soon as possible. Good candidates with a notice period can be discussed.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16573