For one of our clients, located in Wavre, we are currently looking for a "Medior Scientist".
The USP Scientist is a biopharma industry-experienced development scientist specialized in the upstream field joining a team of experts focusing on Drug Substance process development for new vaccine candidates from Phase I up to commercial launch, as well as on Life Cycle activities for process improvements in the commercial vaccine portfolio.The successful candidate will report to the Head of Development Unit 6 within the CVDS department in Belgium, which is part of the Global Drug Substance organization in Technical R&D (TRD).
- You will be expected to autonomously support the USP leader of several drug substance development projects that run in parallel as required
- You will be expected to have project management skills, design experiments, plan experimental protocols, lead horizontally a team of technicians to execute them, having presence in the lab to ensure best practices, compliance with documentation practices and EHS standards
- You will be expected to follow the Quality by Design approach to process development, which means potentially participating in technical risk assessment sessions, perform experimental plans or write technical documentation to meet QbD deliverables
- You will work very closely with the USP leader, DSP leader and Scale-up team from the development stages to ensure knowledge sharing, transparent communication of plans and status and a smooth transition throughout the scales required at the different project phases,
- You will closely collaborate with the In-Process Analytical organization to implement IPA testings as fit for upstream processes.
- You will be expected to write and review project reports including process history files, process development reports, etc
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone of course.
- Industry/vaccines experience (if PhD but some experience in the industry while doing your PhD can be accepted)
- Knowledge of MRC-5, MDCK, GMP manufacturing,… is required
- Knowledge of process development
- Ability to coordinate the work of the technicians
- Someone able to have a transparent communication
- Skills in viral seed production is a plus
- French: daily use with the team
- Fluent in English (reports, …)
- IT :MS Office
- You will work for one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.For one of the world's leading vaccine companies.
- They aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
- Full Time position
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including meal vouchers.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16822