Our client in Galway are looking for a senior mechanical engineer to support with R&D for equipment to develop an Aspiration System to prevent re-occurring strokes / Brain Aneurysms. This is a key program for this client and there will be a lot of internal focus on this project, they're looking for a senior engineer to make an early assessment of equipment and see if they're equipped to get the project off the ground.
The consultant will start in a hands on capacity working with designers on early feasibility prototypes, oversee equipment development and lead as an engineer through Test Method Validation. The consultant may need to travel to vendors in the US when travel restrictions have lifted and the CM would also like this person to be willing to relocate to Galway eventually, position will be remote to begin with.
Experience with Electromechanical equipment and Pneumatics will be key for the manager.
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- You will have the opportunity to lead manufacturing equipment design activities with relevant project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- You will be expected to work with internal and external customers through design, development, FAT, installation and commissioning stages.
- Promote innovation and proactively monitor new technology.
- Develop, recommend and apply sound construction concepts to achieve design for manufacturability * Recognize and develop prototypes of high risk mechanisms * Review vendor capability, assign and manage projects as appropriate Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation is in place where required within area(s) of responsibility.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Masters Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant equipment design experience.
- Experience with 3D mechanical design - SolidWorks, Inventor or equivalent.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to bring an equipment / automation project to completion.
- Experience of machine vison integration is an advantage * Ideally you will have strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in innovative design.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively.
- You demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- You expeditiously take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical devices and pharmaceutical is desirable.