The Process Development Engineer is responsible for developing processes to scale up from R&D formulation, optimize process flow, reduce variability within the process, improve operating capabilities, and help product safety.
- Their main objective is to identify, develop, verify, validate, and transfer ownership processes/products from their early developmental stages, product trials, to manufacturing operations. Additionally, a process development engineer evaluates and analyzes current processes and provides recommendations for process improvements as needed.
- Project a professional image and organized working environment
- Work closely with R&D Technologists, R&D Technicians, and Engineering on new products and processes
- Responsible for the transfer of new products and processes from innovation stage to commercial production, including lab scale ups and plant trials
- Develop processes for operations to ensure new products are manufactured predicatively and efficiently
- Analyze and optimize processes for small and large-scale production
- Work with process engineers on ensuring all products have established process parameters
- Partner with process engineers to reduce product variability, thus improving quality and increasing process efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial technology or related field is required.
- 5-7 years of related experience preferred
- Must have advanced level skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and also be competent in CAD.
- An existing right to work in the EU required