The Logistics Specialist oversees and manages daily Supply Chain activities for International markets of mid complexity
Acts as liaison with internal and external customers and vendors.
The role works closely with the Commercial & Planning teams to ensure on time in full supply. The role manages FG pick ups for IPM, shipping deviations and sales & inventory reporting for international markets. This is achieved through working closely with key stakeholders (e.g. Finished Goods Planning, Quality, Commercial, Finance, S&OP)
The role routinely identifies and communicates any shipment risks to management and supports recommendations and implementation of corrective actions to minimize supply risks.
In addition, the Logistics Specialist analyzes cross functional and logistics processes and identifies/ implements solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain. The ultimate goal of the Logistics Specialist is to ensure desired customer service levels are met and to ensure continuous product supply.
Execute daily supply chain activities for International markets, which encompass: order management, shipment management, sales administrative activities, creation and review of shipping documentation, reporting sales/cost analysis, complex interfaces errors resolution. Process the necessary ERP transactions according to standard operating procedures and SOX compliance guidelines.
Drive efficiency in working with International Partners; whilst balancing cost effectiveness, quality of the services provided and customer expectations. Analyze cross functional and logistics processes and identify/implement solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain and to ensure desired customer service levels are met.
Daily cross functional interaction with Partners and company functions as it relates to coordination of shipments and product availability; all to ensure timely and continuous product supply
Cross functional) project management and/or support of limited complexity.
Work with Quality Assurance to promote and maintain GxP compliance throughout the logistics network within the scope of the Logistics Team. Exceptions handling – Investigate exceptions, determine root causes, implement CAPAs and drive closure
Maintaining the physical and electronic archive
Support ad hoc requests from other functions for filling, change control, trade compliance, EHS, and other purposes.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain related Education or Fachhochschule (Supply Chain/Export Expert “Logistikfachmann/Exportfachmann)
- Minimum of 2-4 years working experience, preferably in a Logistics / Supply Chain role or within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry or any other regulated industry such Food/Medical device
- Experience within an international and controlled environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong team player (ability to direct and participate in cross functional and management teams)
- Experience with Supply Chain and Manufacturing planning tools: preferably: Oracle, Hyperion, Business Object, SAP, APO, Manugistics, JDE