For one of our clients in Zwijnaarde, we are currently looking for a "Lab Technician support".
Our client is the world's leading chemical company because they offer intelligent solutions for their customers and for a sustainable future. They connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world.Not only your performance but also your personality matters to them. Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, our client develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that they can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands.
- The Crop Analytics department provides plant molecular diagnostics and genetics expertise throughout the Seeds & Traits organization.
- The laboratory group applies globally harmonized analytical and genomics approaches to deliver high quality and cost-effective support for all crop businesses.
- Crop Analytics also maintains a global external network of certified Third Party labs.
- Crop Analytics labs maintain a quality management system (QMS) based on ISO9001 and ISO17025 guidelines.
- To execute the laboratory analyses according to defined standards, protocols, quality management systems (QMS) and lab procedures enabling various R&D, Breeding and Supply Chain operations and maintaining regulatory compliance, with the aim to contribute to developing and bringing new products to the market and in support of further business growth and regional expansion.
- Contributes to the implementation of the company objectives by conducting various lab analyses, with proper recording of data.
- Contribute to the continuity of worldwide R&D, Breeding and Supply Chain operations requiring laboratory analyses, maintaining regulatory compliance, and adherence to Stewardship standards by conducting lab analysis under supervision
- Contribute to operational effectiveness of the laboratory by delivering high quality results, cost-effectively and within strict deadlines
- Execute various lab analyses as directed
- Record and compile data set according to company standards, report orally
- Evaluate technical quality of analyses and seek advice when needed
- Develop and broaden technical skills and strengthen innovative thinking
- Self-leadership: increase ability to plan tasks efficiently and autonomously
- Ensure compliance with all existing Safety, BioSafety, QMS and Stewardship standards in the area of responsibility
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- Bachelor degree (in Life Sciences) or equivalent through relevant experience.
- Preferable 1 year of relevant, successful experience
- Basic understanding and limited hands-on experience of molecular biology techniques
- Able to plan and organize the work daily basis
- Relevant computer skills: MS Office, affinity with relevant software databases
- Oral and written communication in English
- Team Player
- Eager to learn
- Individual contributor
- Team member
- Interacts positively with team members and colleagues to maintain a good working atmosphere to build and maintain relationships in times of change
- Dayshift 08h00 - 16h45
- FTE position
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16592