For our client in the Brussels area, we are looking for a Laboratory Technician for their research department.
This position provides technical laboratory support to the Customer and Application development teams of different polymer related business units by conducting physical and mechanical product sample testing, analysis, consultation and other related services.
- Perform work in full compliance with all safety, environmental and health regulations and procedures.
- Organizing incoming requests efficiently and able to work independently after the required training period
- Test samples, collect data, record and document results as per evaluation procedures. This includes prompt communication with requestors on job status.
- Trustworthy reporting is a must; understands the importance of details and flawless execution of the test. High quality awareness.
- Ensure compliance to internal and international standards (ASTM and ISO).
- Statistically analyze Quality Test Procedures.
- Perform scheduled calibration and preventive maintenance on test equipment, with complete documentation.
- Should be flexible to work in different polymer characterization laboratories as situation demands.
- Need to interact with different groups and levels in the organization and need to implement all “license to operate” requirements.
- Takes ownership of the related processing area and proposes improvement ideas to increase safety and efficiency in the area and on the equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, production technology, materials science, chemical engineering or equivalent
- You qualify for an SBO position
- High safety and quality awareness
- Technical / mechanical knowledge, combined with chemical interest.( knowledge of polymer combined with chemical background are an advantage)
- A reasonable standard of English is required (company documentation is mainly written in English and this is also the lingua franca of the company).
- Working accurately, good observation and reporting / communication skills
- Team player and good communicator
- Flexible as priority changes can happen
- Eager to learn and willing to support other processing units
- Takes initiative and follows the procedures
- Attractive salary package with attractive remuneration, supplemented with insurance package, cheap company restaurant and discount on refueling, 44 holiday days.
- Sliding working hours: start between 6 am and 9:30 am, work until 2:45 pm to 6:15 pm.
- Fun environment with lots of learning opportunities
- SBO contract of 1 year, possible extension of 1 year extra and possibly a chance of a permanent contract