We are looking for a lab technician with a molecular background and a pro-active attitude, an accurate working method and (internship) experience in molecular techniques such as PCR, DNA and RNA isolations.
Our client is specialized in the breeding, production and sales of hybrid vegetable seeds such as tomato, cucumber, sweet bell pepper, melon, eggplant, etc. At the QC laboratory tests are mainly done in the field of seed health by detection of plant pathogens. This mainly involves microbiological tests (MLII) and molecular biological tests (PCR and RNA/DNA isolation). For this department we are looking for a technician with knowledge and (internship) experience in the mentioned techniques.
- Set-up, execution and data interpretation of DNA/RNA extractions and qPCR;
- Thinking along on improvements in the process;
- Reporting in LIMS;
- Completed MLO4/HLO education in the direction of microbiology, molecular biology or plant biology;
- Relevant experience with molecular biological tests (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation);
- Experience in a diagnostic or QC environment is a plus;
- Affinity with computer & lab automation (Office 365, liquid handling, LIMS);
- Own transport is recommended as the location is difficult to reach by public transport;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- You are practical and assertive and above all a nice colleague;
Terms of employment
- Employment contract: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, prolongation not excluded
- Salary indication: € 2200,- to € 2600,- gross per month, depending on education and experience.
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Delft
- Vacancy number: 18876