For one of our clients in Vilvoorde, we are looking for a Lab Technician in Food Application.
This position provides Lab and Pilot Plant Application support to Customer requests/projects and to Product Development projects within the Application Centre. It is focussed on the Beverages Category.
- You will perform application work in lab/pilot plants on development projects, and on customer requests
- You will mainly focus on pilot work for the beverages categories. You maybe help out in other categories like Convenience, Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Beverages etc.
- You are accountable for setting up the individual experiments and execution to support projects/ requests.
- You will prepare equipment, including sanitation procedure
- You will provide accurate data measured during trials and analyses
- You will prepare prototypes for shipment to customers, including document preparation and labelling
- You will prepare prototypes for exhibitions, seminars and trainings
- You are also responsible for cleaning of application equipment/benches
- You will comply with the company rules on EHS (environment, health and safety) and food safety and clean work and work on continuous improvements
- Bachelor degree in food science/technology or equivalent by experience
- Interest & competencies to work with bigger process equipment (pilot scale)
- Experience in Beverages processes and applications
- Enjoys working in a team
- Knowledge and Experience in Analytical methods (chemical and physical methods)
- Experience in working with formulation and recipes
- Knowledge on finished food products
- Knowledge on Lab/Pilot Safety and Food safety
- Fluent in English
- PC literate
- Work accurately and respect deadlines
- A competitive salary and extra benefits
- Outstanding career development opportunities
- Working for one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).