Our client is an American company. The European activities are based in Leuven, Belgium. The core business is the production of short DNA strands called oligonucleotides, which can be used for various purposes like diagnostic tests for breast cancer or AIDS, research to discover new drugs and producing safer and more plentiful agricultural products. They are looking for a Lab Technician to join the production labs.
- You have the opportunity to work in different production labs
- Chemical Processing: preparing chemicals for usage in the production labs
- Main Production: synthesis, purification and formulation of standard oligonucleotides
- Large Scale & Custom Manufacturing: synthesis, purification and formulation of, often custom made, oligonucleotides in large quantities.
- GMP: synthesis, purification and formulation of oligonucleotides, intended for molecular diagnostics.
- Analytical: oligonucleotide quality control.
- Every lab has its own responsibilities.
- Since they are supplying customers from all over the world, they are working from Sunday evening to Friday evening in shifts. Every lab technician works in a fix shift, being either the night shift (10pm-7am, 25% bonus), the early shift (7am-4pm) or the late shift (1pm-10pm, 7,5% bonus).
- Bachelor degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biotech,... or High School degree with lab experience
- Proficiency in English
- Good computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Eager to work a modern, international, dynamic and respectful environment.
- Temp to perm position
- Competitive salary
- Shift premium, depending on the shift you work in
- Full time (40h per week)
- Hospitalization insurance
- Group insurance (including pension plan, guaranteed income etc.)
- Meal vouchers of 8,00 euros per day worked
- Transportation allowance
- Up to 32 days of time off per year