Would you like to work on chemical projects? Do you have a master degree? Then this is the ideal job for you.
The Product Quality Chemist, Jr will assist the EMEA Product Quality Team to execute and deliver on business goals by technical documentation review, conducting laboratory experiments and supporting the digital transformation. In this role, a successful candidate executes and summarizes quality/laboratory assessments, presents his/her work to the team and EMEA plant staff and make recommendations for improvement. The Junior Chemist is responsible for the sample management of the EMEA Product Quality team.
You will work 50% in Herentals and 50% in Heverlee.
- Administrative and laboratory support for the EMEA product quality team
- Support new supplier raw material quality assessments
- Assist in the evaluation of the quality and formulation stability requirements for new product introductions into EMEA region
- Assist in the production incident resolution and ensure existing product formulations, manufacturing instructions, and product quality information are accurate, acceptable and effectively communicated.
- Support the investigation and propose actions required to handle product quality change requests (MOC), off-spec products, batch adjustments, reworks and blend-offs.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and operate analytical equipment, including ICP, Auto-titrators, UV-VIS, Viscometers, etc. Perform initial maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation.
- Collect, record, analyze experiment data, communicate the status of projects and make recommendations.
- Assist the digital transformation to increase productivity in EMEA
- Responsible for the EMEA sample management.
- Support business ISO 9001 Quality initiatives by ensuring laboratory compliance
- Consistently demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies, and Safety rules/procedures at all times.
- Requires cross-functional interaction and relationship with Manufacturing, lab technicians, EHS and Vendors.
- Master's degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited university of college or equivalent by experience
- Language: Good English speaking and writing skills, able to communicate technical processes in English and Dutch (other European languages can be an advantage)
- You are an independent worker, highly motivated as well as a team player.
- PC skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and data analysis.
- Flexible to work 50% in Herentals and 50% in Heverlee.
- Temp to perm position in a growing company
- 12 ADV days a year
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 17233