Start date: ASAP
Length: 12 months
Location - Krakow, Poland (Remote during Covid)
IT Infrastructure & Operations Engineer
This position reports to the IT Operations and Infrastructure Lead is responsible for the support of global IT infrastructure & operations services.
The candidate must be a self-starter, able to support the infrastructure & hosting strategy and provide support to our IT teams and partners in a matrixed, cross-functional environment.
Key support role for the operational and infrastructure services based on ITIL operational disciplines. The position requires delivering excellent service to business users and maintaining a stable operation.
Typical duties would include:
- Support diverse IT Operations (ITO) hosting environments for infrastructure
- Oversight and improvement of IT Infrastructure (data centers, computer rooms and cloud services) and DR (disaster recovery) in regards of:
- virtualization (VMware),
- server environments (Windows, Linux),
- storage and backup (Veeam, Rubrik),
- databases (MSSQL, Oracle)
- network WAN/LAN, DNS/DHCP
- Active Directory/Distributed File System
- Work with/support hosting service providers and local IT teams to maintain global infrastructure and IT services.
- Support IT objectives & directives to meet IT goals
- Support global infrastructure projects design and oversee implementation if required.
- Take ownership for troubleshooting and coordination for the IT support teams.
- Ensure conformance and adherence to working procedures, standards and audit compliance (internal, external, quality and customers).
- Establish and sustain collaborative relationships and develop buy-in within diverse work groups, including internal resources and outsourcing partners to deliver day-to-day IT operations.
- Ensuring infrastructure systems/solutions are meeting and/or exceeding availability and performance service levels, decreasing business impacting incidents and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved globally.
- Work flexibly to assist / support / cover other sites as required.
- B.S. Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other equivalent training or experience.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCNE, VMware, CompTIA, ServiceNow, Veeam, Microsoft MCSE certifications will be a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology with specific knowledge in IT infrastructure, operations and systems management (outsource and insource); working with infrastructure systems (Virtualization, Storage and Backup, Compute, Databases, Active Directory), IT vendors and partners.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Self -starter, avid curiosity, always looking for answers, driven to learn and improve.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team-oriented environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain the appropriate balance between policies/procedures and customer/business needs.
- Demonstrated integrity with the ability to manage company assets and proprietary data.