A client of ours are in search of an Infrastructure Engineer with experience in operating systems, networking essentials, scripting and a knowledge of lab instrumentation, for a 6 month assignment in Geel, Belgium. The position is English speaking, with fluent French or Dutch being an advantage.
Supporting the instrument interfacing activities of the iLab implementation project at the MSAT department of our client site in Geel.
As part of the iLab implementation project, various lab equipment needs to be interfaced with the iLab business application, either based on scripted file-parsing, or via any means of networked interfacing (e.g. RS232 conversion via Moxa convertor to IP-based communication).
The work package will consist of:
- Interface implementation, based on pre-defined standards, of laboratory equipment with the iLab integration Gateway and/or on-site file server.
- Researching and documenting Moxa convertor configuration settings (dependent on the lab instrument specifics) and executing the implementation.
- Scripting file transfer from laboratory equipment to file server, including document parsing where needed.
- Configuring lab workstations (W7, W10)
- Determining and requesting firewall rules (port, protocol) that are required to allow communication of the lab equipment with the iLab integration gateway
- Providing detailed documentation for both the Moxa convertor settings, file transfer specifics, as well as the actual implementation of the interfacing for each laboratory instrument.
- Collaborating and communicate with corporate colleagues, as well as frequent contacts and meetings with site MSAT SME's.
- Microsoft operating systems knowledge (XP, W7, W10 and server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Networking essentials, TCP/IP, VLAN concept, firewall, remote administration, Active Directory use
- Scripting knowledge (DOS command line, vbscript, Powershell,…)
- Knowledge of lab instrumentation, such as balances, pH meters, HPLCs, etc…, more specifically experience with network connectivity of these instruments.
- Knowledge of serial-to-IP convertors (Moxa, Lantronix, …) and knowledge of and experience with peripheral equipment in general.
- Documentation skills: being able to write detailed specifications.
- Flexible, service-oriented, good communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Be able to work independently, and well organized.
- Having worked previously in or for a pharmaceutical company within a lab area is a plus.
- Prior experience with GMP, GAMP5 and CFR21Part11 are a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Length of contract: 6 months with possible extensions
Location: Full time onsite in Geel, Belgium