HIL Test engineer (ANU)
German Residency or EU Blue Card essential
The HiL Test Engineer is responsible for the reprocessing of data on a HiL (Hardware in Loop). Responsible to track the reprocessing process of a HiL farm and to develop and improve the complete Tool chain incl. SW Tools and HW with Sub-suppliers. Create documentation for users, execute tests and review for HiL SW releases and documentation ensuring that the HiL SW performs per requirements. Support of internal and external customer by delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements of implemented tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
System Tool Concept
· Acquire, develop, understand and document system tool requirements based on tool requests from internal/external customers.
· Manage and negotiate system tool requirements, change requests and unwritten expectations.
· Develop and document system tool architecture and design in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way.
· Specify test cases according to the system tool requirements
· Plan and estimate tool development for internal and external implementation
· Review design documents like requirement specifications, test specifications, Architectures, etc.
System Tool Development & Support
· Manage tool projects by comparing of plan (schedule) vs. progress
· Develop and extend tools, troubleshooting and fix tool defects based on ALM tickets (Tasks, ChangeRequest or Defect items)
· Create tool documentation for user (e.g. User Manuals, Troubleshooting Guides, and Installation Guides etc.)
· Execute tests and review for tool releases and documentation ensuring that the system tool performs per requirements.
· Support of internal and external customer by delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements of implemented tools
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education/Experience -Level 2
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master's preferred)
· 4-8 years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
Technical - Level 2 (Advanced)
· Knowledge about ECU architectures (features, components, communication)
· Familiar with vehicle power management concepts
· Familiar with PC Systems, its interfaces and hardware (like RAID controller, USB controller, Storage devices, etc.)
· Familiar with measurement and automation devices and methods like power supplies, video grabber, scope and multi-meters
· Familiar with communication protocols:
o Automotive like CAN, LIN, Flexray, Auto Ethernet, OBD, UDS, XCP, etc.
o Embedded interfaces like UART, SPI, I²C, etc.
o Measurement and automation device interfaces like RS232, USB, TCP, etc.
o PC interfaces like (e)SATA, USBx, PCIe, etc.
Advanced Knowledge of:
· Programming language like C, C++, C#, Java, LabView
· Script languages like AutoIt, Phyton or VBA
· ALM tools (prefers PTC Integrity)
· Working knowledge of Vector, Labview and ADTF based tools
· Basic knowledge of Enterprise Architect