For one of our clients, located in Herentals, we are currently looking for a "Food Safety Specialist".
Our client is a global product development partner, they specialize in high-quality food ingredients. They serve global food companies and regional food companies worldwide. As a family business, they have valued people above all else for 100 years. Our client is renowned for true, collaborative innovation. Their people care. They are committed to helping their customers create better products - and a better, more sustainable world. At the moment they are looking for a food safety specialist.
- Promote and assure total quality (product & service) by supporting and further developing the Quality System.
- Advising customers, suppliers and other departments on all aspects of the Quality and the Food Safety system.
- Ensure success of customer audits and system audits (BRC, ISO, IFS,…)
- Assure food safety (from supplier to customer) within the Quality System: Support Supplier complaints process and the investigation of Food Safety issues. Answer food safety related questionnaires from customers to raise customer satisfaction. Coordinate the customer complaint process and customer complaint meetings.
- Coordinate the HACCP system and HACCP team meetings. Maintenance of the HACCP system.
- Coordinate the internal audit planning and internal audit meeting.
- Perform external audits (suppliers, services).
- Actively work with production to raise the standards of quality, to develop quality awareness and increase the teamwork between Food Safety and Production.
- Organize and develop the necessary food safety training to all levels of the organization.
- Represent FS in appropriate meeting roles. Assistance in Quality project handling.
- Fully support and provide cover and back up for food safety role of the Site Quality Manager.
- Proactively and visibly supports the Health and Safety standards, rules and regulations of the organization.
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone of course.
- Bachelor's degree level or appropriate experience
- Detailed knowledge of food standards, HACCP principles (HACCP / BRC / IFS) and international standards (ISO9001)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar job in the food industry
- Accomplished auditor
- Multi-lingual (English, Dutch, French = plus)
- The skills and capabilities that are a must: eye for detail, good interpersonal skills, self-motivation and determination, effective communication at all levels, team player, flexible and innovative, passion for quality. Negotiations skills.
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including meal vouchers, hospitalization and groups insurance, etc ...
- Bike Lease programme
- Flexibility in timetable and home working
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16642