Our client works side-by-side with their customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense.
Their site in Germany has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
One of the leaders in their field, they supply integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
In this role you will be part of a development team for avionics foundation and platform software. The main area is the development of avionics computers with a focus mainly on hardware device drivers and board support packages for these computers. The contractor will be involved in different kind of projects.
You will support the formalization of embedded avionics software for civil DO-178C certification. Therefore, you will be involved in several phases of the development cycle and interact with other software engineers as well as engineers from other disciplines like hardware or FPGA development. You will perform peer reviews and support the implementation of review findings in documents and source code. The main task will be the formalization of Mission Computer Product Line and building block components.
- Experience in DO178B/C process
- Experience in C programming language
- Experience in programming of drivers, Built- In Tests (BIT), BSPs
- Knowledge/usage of Real-Time Operating Systems (Wind River VxWorks-653)
- Knowledge of standards relating to operating systems and networking (MIL-1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 653, POSIX)
- Experience in software development processes (Agile, Waterfall, V-Model)
- Experience in requirements engineering
- Experience in software architecture
- English (fluent)
- Good communication and teamwork, as much as possible independent work habits
Helpful Related Experience:
- Experience in software testing (unit, integration and acceptance testing)
- Experience with (Linux) kernel development
- Knowledge of electronics hardware
- Peer reviews of development artifacts
- Issue resolution in documents and source code
- Release preparation
Required Starting Date and Duration:
- April 2022 for approx. 6 months
Criteria of Exlusion:
- Needs to be EU or NATO state member
- Needs to work from Germany
- Hybrid (onsite and remote)