Highly challenging role at Director level to build the R&D department of an innovative new company with a focus on oncology and genetic disease therapeutics.
As a starting biotech company our client is looking for an experienced professional with a strong background in Oncology, early stage development, small molecules, etc. You will play a crucial part in the development of the R&D department both on a strategic and scientific level.
- Development of the (pre)clinical research program including target validation, assay development, lead generation and lead
- Managing, building and supervising both internal and external cross-functional development teams;
- Coordination and scientific design of in vitro and in vivo biological experiments;
- Responsible for the overall research and development strategy of the Company in collaboration with management;
- Establishing & maintaining collaborations with relevant academic institutions and CROs;
- Provides research updates to team, board & investor meetings;
- Establish collaborations with leaders in the Oncology community and look for external opportunities that may advance program objectives (e.g., academic relationships, novel compounds, new technologies and new approaches to
understanding pathway/target biology);
- Is involved in protection of intellectual property & patents;
- Phd in the field of oncology or related area of expertise;
- > 5 years prior small molecule drug discovery and development experience in a biotech environment is a must;
- Successful scientific track record in your field ;
- You are entrepreneurial and have the ability to identify cutting-edge research and generate new ideas;
- A strong (local) network in the Oncology community is considered a big plus;
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, multifunctional and international;
- Excellent communication and project management skills in English, Dutch is a plus;
- Valid EU work permit is a must;
- Contract: Permanent position directly at the company starting with a 1-year contract
- Salary: 110 -130k gross/ year
- Hours full-time;
- Location: Leiden (at least 2 day/ week on site availability is required
- Startdate: as soon as possible;
- Vacancy number: 17258;
Oxford Global Resources is the largest recruitment agency within the fields of Science, Engineering and IT. All our recruiters have a relevant background within these fields and can help you find the perfect job through our extensive network.
As a specialist company we have a wide range of laboratory vacancies in Quality Control (QC) and Research & Development (R&D) within various sectors, including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, Food Industry, Chemicals, Environment and Plants.
Oxford is always looking for talent with expertise in Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Life Science, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Petrochemistry and Diagnostics. We are keen to meet candidates who have experience in one or more of the following techniques: USP (Upstream Processing) DSP (Downstream Processing), Bioprocesses, virus culture, cell culture, ELISA, FACS, Western Blot, SDS-page, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, cloning, sequencing, protein purification, purification, HPLC, UPLC, chromatography, physical chemistry, viscosity, melting point, pourpoint, pH, XRF, GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS, ICP ICP-MS, AAS, UV, titrations, Karl Fisher, formulation, sterility, determinations, bioburden, environmental monitoring, LIMS, GMP, GLP, GCP, GDP, ISO17025.
Do you find this vacancy interesting? Or are you looking for a position at MLA, HLO, BSc, WO, MSc or PhD and are you interested in the vacancy laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Sample Preparation Laboratory Assistant, Analyst, Technician, Assistant Scientist, Associate Scientist, Scientist, Manufacturing Specialist, Process Engineer, Validation Engineer, QA (Quality Assurance) Officer, RA (Regulatory Affairs) Officer, Supervisor, Team Leader, Department Head, Laboratory Manager, Manager, Director, etc. Please contact us directly!