For one of our clients located in the Walloon Brabant, we are looking for an experienced Clinical Data Scientist.
As Clinical Data Scientist you integrate and analyze complex, high dimensional data sets to extract biological knowledge relevant for R&D.
This role ensures advanced data analytics and bioinformatics deliverables for R&D projects are at the top of research and industry standards with respect to scientific excellence, quality and timelines.
- You are able to use and develop state-of-the-artbioinformatics and data analysis tools to perform:
- Bioinformatics/data analytics activities for Vaccines R&D;
- Data and knowledge integration for hypothesis generation;
- Data modeling for innovative assays, high-dimensional readouts and microbial genomics;
- Development of tailored systems and analytical models for explorative analytics of pre-clinical, clinical, and epidemiological data;
- Development of analysis pipelines using combinations of heterogeneous, high dimensional datasets and tools;
- Advise on study design, readout selection and data formats, data analysis strategies;
- Preparation and publication of scientific papers and congress reports.
- You foster innovation within DSDI and keep abreast of the new and most recent developments and innovations in the fields relevant for the role.
- You communicate results to internal stakeholders and scientific community, translating complex solutions into simple, understandable and effective messages.
- You have a PhD or a Master degree in Data and Computer Sciences, Complex Systems, Mathematics and Physics, Biological and System Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Life Sciences or equivalent
- You demonstrate proficiency/publication record in one or more of the following areas:computational and molecular epidemiology; bio-informatics and genomics; systems vaccinology and immuno-informatics; data mining and machine learning; computational/dynamic modeling; high performance scientific computing infrastructures
- You have good programming, data analytics and modeling skills
- You have a good business understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry
- You have a good knowledge of vendors and state-of-the-art solutions for Data Science and Digital Innovation
- You have good communication skills, ability to simplify complex problems and communicate complex solutions in a simple and effective manner