From OXFORD GLOBAL RESOURCES we are looking for a BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT LEADER for an important international enterprise of chemical industry, placed in Gallarta (Bilbao).
This role is not intended for a specialist or to be seen as a "career-role". The expectation is for the role holder to learn new tools / skills, implement these successfully, network across functions and raise their profile in the business. They would then take this experience to other roles in the company to further progress the continuous improvement culture we are striving for.
The role is great opportunity for someone to learn some proven, best practice tools that they can apply in different areas of the business and use in their future careers. The role is intended to allow progression to other areas of the business after a period of time. It is therefore ideally suited to an individual who has demonstrated a desire to progress their career.
The role holder should be developed in Lean Six Sigma skills/tools to the level of Black belt with a view to taking these skills to a new role within 3 years
Job specification is drafted but needs to be reviewed and refined based on business requirements.
- Lead implementation of continuous improvement projects at the Gallarta site outline by the Operations Manager and aligned to the business strategy
- Drive Metal Deco cost savings
- Support Metal Deco strategic projects outlined by the business needs (Warehouse capacity increase, manufacturing capacity increase, manufacturing cost per kg reduction, OTIF improvement, 5S implementation)
- Specific support of Metal Deco Operations outside of Gallarta as and when required
Requirements for this position:
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- 2-4 years experience
- Engineering background is a must
- Business improvement background desired (but can be trained)
- Gallarta based
- Language skills and ability to drive teams is critical.
What we offer:
- Full time position
- Schedule: 8am-5pm (Monday-Thursday) / 8am-2.30pm (Friday)
- Temporary position initially (6 to 12 months), serious possibilities to join the company after that
- Great work environment
- Fantastic opportunity to develop yourself skills