Join us as a Scientist and play a vital role in making vaccines safer and more effective. You'll have the opportunity to lead projects, conduct experiments, and collaborate with experts worldwide, contributing to global health. This role offers a dynamic and impactful career in the exciting field of vaccine development.
The Biopharmaceutical Laboratory Scientist plays a critical role within the Local teams, contributing to the global supply of high-quality and compliant commercial vaccines. This role is responsible for managing drug product projects, ensuring the robustness of Drug Product processes, and providing expertise for troubleshooting and investigations. The Biopharmaceutical Laboratory Scientist also fosters collaboration with internal and external partners, supports regulatory submissions, and contributes to process innovation and knowledge development.
- Project Management: Independently design and execute projects
- Technical Expertise: Responsible for conceiving, designing, implementing, and interpreting scientific and technical data to support projects.
- Problem Solving: Address complex problems through collaboration, offering new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and scientific support for projects, conducting small-scale experiments and technical investigations.
- Quality and Safety: Ensure the application of quality, housekeeping, and safety standards within the Process Science department in accordance with the quality framework.
- Technology Advancement: Benchmark specific technologies in the functional area to bring technology to the state of the art.
- Minimum of 2 years of education and experience in the biopharma-related domain.
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory or pilot plant experience.
- Proven scientific knowledge of vaccines manufacturing and analytical testing.
- Proficiency in data interpretation and utilization, with a working knowledge of applied statistics.
- Understanding of Operations and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Experience in managing a matrix organization and project management.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques (e.g., DLS/SLS, nephelometry, sedimentation speed, viscosity measurements, pH, osmolality).
- Experience in technology transfer and scale-up of drug product processes is a plus.
- Directly employed by Oxford, initial project for half a year, possible: long-term perspective;
- Mobile phone provided & monthly phone contribution;
- Monthly allowance for meal vouchers;
- Travel allowance;
- Hospital & Group insurance;
- Opportunities for education and training;
- Fulltime position, daytime work;
- Region: Brabant
You need the existing right and documents to work and live in Belgium