For one of our clients in Mol, we are currently looking for an "Audio DSP Software Engineer".
As Audio DSP Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of the core part of the NGA codec that processes various audio and data streams and define its integration in (re-)production tools and for meeting the functional and performance-related requirements. This includes clarifying the requirements, creating a technical design, documentation diagrams and effort estimation, and the actual software implementation and validation to meet the expected quality standards.
You will play a key role in defining and implementing the non-functional requirements (maintainability, testability, …) to gradually improve the source code base and the development process itself.
You will be part of a team working on the development and deployment of new technologies for OTT (streaming) and Broadcast applications aim to bring the 3D immersive sound and interactive experiences to the user on a myriad of devices such as AVRs, soundbars, TVs, smart speakers, connected cars, mobile devices, etc.
- Discuss in a productive manner with System Architect to clarify requirements
- Explain the impact of technical decisions to System Architect and Project Manager in a clear manner
- Design the software and algorithms necessary for the core audio encoder/decoder, (de-)serialization, …
- Document your design to communicate it with the Systems Architect, Research Team and Project Management
- Break down a design in manageable and estimable steps (Epics/Stories) to ensure a predictable implementation
- Promote a think-first attitude to reduce unnecessary refactoring
- Take a pragmatic approach that does not compromise future improvements
- Software implementation
- Use test-driven development to maintain a one-on-one relationship between the code base and its unit test
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Download your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- Master's degree or PhD in exact or applied sciences
- Deep knowledge of Digital Signal Processing for audio
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and its computational complexity
- At least 5 years of experience with modern C++ and good knowledge of C
- Software version control with GIT
- Data visualization (with Python/Pandas)
- Experience with audio tools like Audacity, Reaper or Max/MSP is welcomed
- Experience with Ruby for automatization is a plus
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German
- Problem solving, efficient planning & organization, strong written and verbal communication, quality minded, team-oriented cooperation, improvement focus.
- We offer you a position as a consultant within the fascinating world of audio high tech and engineering.
- We provide a total package with on one hand training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other hand a balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience. …
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 15946