We are currently looking for a motivated associate scientist USP the USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments. Within the department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
- Under limited supervision, but as part of our lab team you will support the preparation and execution of scientific studies.
- These will be part of a project plan, and you will be responsible for practical execution of experiments, support of data analysis and reporting main conclusions. Next to this, there is room to work on continuous improvement topics to increase safety, efficiency in workflow and support of scientific projects. Experiments will be performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale shaker flask model.
- You have a M.Sc., B.Sc, HBO with 3 years of experience or MBO with 5 years of experience in a relevant discipline like biotechnology or pharmacy.
- You have a strong affinity with upstream process development, as demonstrated by experience with mammalian, bacterial, or other cultivation techniques, hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at lab scale.
- You are a motivated team player who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset.
- Lab-based function, the ideal candidate has a little experience working in the lab on cell-culture techniques and enjoys doing practical work.
- Due to the R&D environment, there are project rotations so it's not very routine-based.
- We're looking for an individual who is capable of working focused and accurately on routine-tasks however also able to adapt to changes in workflow.
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
- After your training period, your will occasionally be expected to work during weekend hours.
- Contract: 1 year through Oxford Global Resources, Longer-term could be possible depending on business factors, but no promises can be made at this stage;
- Salary: €3000,- till €3400,- gross monthly based on level of experience;
- Hours full-time preferred 32h discussable;
- Holidays: 25 (+12);
- Startdate: Asap;