Are you experienced in the field of Upstream Processing (USP) where you have worked with bio reactors on a large or small scale? We are looking for an Associate Scientist - USP, where you will be involved in designing, performing, and reporting on multiple USP projects for a large pharmaceutical company.
The USP department oversees the development of pharmaceutical-grade manufacturing processes for biological products using mammalian cell lines as a model. The developed production processes are scaled up for commercial production and transferred to GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches. You will be mainly involved in developing cell line USP processes, improving existing methods, and validation of these newly developed methods into the company.
- You will assist in the planning and execution of experimental experiments under limited supervision
- Executing different project plans, from performing the experiments to data processing and documenting results.
- There is space to work on side-projects such as quality improvement, work flow performance, and scientific project support.
- In possession of a BSc / HLO degree in a relevant discipline in life science.
- Preferably at least 5 years of experience working in a pharmaceutical USP environment
- Experience in working with bio reactors, with mammalian cell lines (HEK, CHO, etc)
- Fluent in English, with Dutch as a plus
- Contract: long term
- Salary: €2900- €4500 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Working hours: full-time, day shift.
- Region: Utrecht
Vacancy number: 18705