Do you have experience with Bacterial Culture, and molecular biology under MLII conditions? Then this may be the position for you!
Our client is working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. Their work process includes 'state of the art' vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies. We are currently looking for an Assistant Scientist to join the Bacterial Vaccines team.
- Practical realization of research experiments under the supervision of Scientist(s);
- Setting up assays an arranging necessaries for experiments susch as:
- Cultivation of bacterial BSL-II pathogens, including Staphyloccocus areus and extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli;
- Basic molecular biology techniques: DNA-, RNA-, Protein Isolation and the associated analytical methods such as PCR and gel electrophoresis;
- Genetic manipulation of bacteria using molecular cloning and genetic engineering methods;
- Recombinant protein expression and purification;
- Documentation of experimental work and results in electronic lab notebooks;
- Evaluation of results together with the supervisor (Scientist / Senior Scientist);
- Responsible for writing SOP's/ protocols and reports.
- BSc (preferred) or MSc (Phd is overqualified)in a relevant discipline such as molecular microbiology or biotechnology;
- 1-2 year experience or relevant internships;
- Experience with cultivtio of bacterial BSL-II pathogens (BSLII experience is a must);
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques;
- Experience with cloning, expression & purification;
- Experience with analytical methods such as mass; spectometry and/or glycan analysis is considered an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch (nice to have) and English (must);
- PhD candidates are considered overqualified an will be rejected;
- Employment: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with possible extension;
- Salary indication: €3000 - 3400 gross per month;
- Working hours: 40 hours/week;
- Region: Leiden;
- Vacancy number 18035.