Do you have a scientific degree, are you into lab work and do you have experience in ELISA and molecular biology ? Then you may be the candidate our global pharma client is looking for !
Global Public Health R&D is looking for an associate scientist for a temporary mission.
- Specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results in the electronic lab notebook (ELN).
- Performs ELISA experiments and/or molecular assays.
- Uses applicable instruments, equipment and computer systems as required and stipulated.
- Plans and performs assigned scientific experiments in consultation with the Scientific Director.
- Makes recommendations for the performance of scientific experiments in assigned areas.
- Records all information obtained in experiments and ensures that record and raw data are properly retained.
- Summarizes, analyses and interprets preliminary data to draw conclusions.
- Prepares and writes technical reports, manuscripts, and other documents that record data or results.
- Presents own data at sub-departmental meetings.
- Modifies methodologies (with supervisor's direction) to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of data.
- Documents detected anomalies/problems and communicates them to the applicable departments and to the Scientific Director.
- If applicable, is involved in the disinfections or cleaning of the lab.
- Performs laboratory maintenance.
- Participates in adequate waste disposal within the lab.
- Complies with the implemented safe and good practice lab environment rules and follows internal standard/policies including but not restricted to reporting of incidents, appropriate waste disposal, disinfection or cleaning of the lab and maintenance tasks;
- Guarantees adherence of safety precautions/rules within the department and from visitors.
- Performs departmental administration if needed.
- Participates in meetings. Ensures Meeting Minutes are available, if applicable.
- Follows the applicable Client Policies, SOPs, WIs and other applicable guidelines.
- MSc (Master) in an appropriate discipline or a BSc or BA (Bachelor) in an appropriate discipline, with demonstrated experience in ELISA and molecular biology (in particular hybridization assays);
- Good pipetting skills
- Understanding of English;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Works as a member of a team, is responsible for organizing own time and resources in an optimal fashion.
- Identifies and refers opportunities or particularly problematic situations to supervisor
- Full time position
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 17287