Are you looking for a challenge in the development and analysis of candidate vaccines? Do you enjoy working hands-on in the lab and be part of a highly-motivating team? Then keep on reading!
As an Associate Scientist you will join the lab department that focuses on developing stable vaccines formulations. You will assess the vaccine quality, efficacy and safety through the analysis of biochemical and immunological techniques and preclinical an clinical studies. You will be responsible for sample measurement of experimental candidate vaccine batches and formulation studies. Moreover, you will write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reports.
- Develop immunochemical, immunological and molecular assays such as ELISA, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, total protein determination, virus titration, enzyme activity, DLS, fluorescence and circular dichroism;
- Measure and analyze candidate vaccine batches and formulation studies;
- Design and execute assay validation studies;
- Writing SOPs.
- Completed education Bsc/Msc in Life Sciences/ (Medical) Biology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Pharmacy;
- 3 years research experience with strong biochemical and/or immunological background;
- Experience in BSL2 laboratory;
- Experience in GMP regulations;
- Excellent in written and oral English.
- 1 year contract with extension
- Salary indication: €2700-3600 gross per month based on experience
- Full-time: 40 hours
- 8% holiday allowance
- Region: Utrecht
vacancy number: 22325