We are looking for an Assistant Scientist in the field of Clinical Immunology. In this role you are responsible for the practical execution of various immunological assays. The department performs the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. The samples are analyzed by techniques such as ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assays and ELISpot.
As an Assistant Scientist within the Clinical Immunology department you work on the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. Aside from clinical sample analysis, the department focuses on development and validation of the required immunological assays. In this role you specifically perform the serological immuno-assays (ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assay) needed to deliver the immunological data for clinical studies and support the development of assays needed for clinical sample analysis (50% hands -on with sample logistics as additional tasks). These activities are performed in a GCLP accredited lab, meaning that all activities must follow prescribed procedures, and must be documented accurately in (digital) lab note books. For every finished experiment you report the data to the scientist, who does the scientific review of the experiments. In case of development, you will discuss the outcome and plan for follow up experiments.
- Planning & Performing serological immuno-assays (ELISA / Virus Neutralization assays) and/or cellular assays (ICS/Elispot)
- Discuss the outcome of experiments and plan for follow up experiments.
- Sample logistics;
- Working & reporting according to GCLP guidelines;
- MLO/HLO, BSc and MSc in a relevant field e.g. immunology, biochemistry, Life sciences, Virology;
- Your responsibilities will depend on your educational background;
- Relevant experience in serological immuno-assays (ELISA / Virus Neutralization assays);
- Must have experience working (internship acceptable) in GLP, GCLP, GMP, CCKL (or other lab related quality system, focusing on traceability) regulated environment;
- Affinity with operational excellence;
- Affinity with automated systems such as LIMS;
- Experience with pipetting robots such as TECAN is a plus;
- A pro-active team worker who can work independently when needed;
- English is a Must, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: 1 year via Oxford, realistic long- term perspective
- Salary: €2600- €3300 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Holidays: 25
- Working hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 18473