Do you have a background in biochemistry or analytical chemistry and are you looking for a challenge within the pharmaceutical industry? We are looking for a Junior technician who will support the analytical department with the execution of experiments using biochemical and analytical techniques.
Our client is working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for infectious diseases. Their work process includes 'state of the art' vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. This role is in the he Biophysics and Process Analytics (BPA) team, which is a young and dynamic group, part of Analytical Development department. They are responsible for a range of activities focused on biophysical and analytical vaccine characterization.
In this role you will perform sample analysis using a variety of techniques and are responsible for subsequent data analysis and reporting.
- Sample analysis for both internal and external parties;
- Knowledge of biochemical / analytical techniques such HPLC, UPLC, CE, DLS, MFI, SEC, SDS-Page and ELISA
- Responsible for documentation such as trend reports;
- Equipment maintenance & troubleshooting;
- Written reporting and oral presentations when applicable;
- Support of experimental data analysis and reporting;
- MLO or HLO in Biochemistry / Biophysics / Protein chemistry or a related field
- 1-2 year experience or relevant internships;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch (nice to have) and English (must);
- PhD candidates are considered overqualified an will be rejected;
- Employment: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with possible extension
- Salary indication: €2600 - 3100 bruto per month
- Working hours: 40 hours/week
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 18344