Our client is an American company. The European activities are based in Leuven, Belgium. The core business is the production of short DNA strands called oligonucleotides, which can be used for various purposes like diagnostic tests for breast cancer or AIDS, research to discover new drugs and producing safer and more plentiful agricultural products.
For their production labs, they are looking for an Assistant Lab Technician
- Prepares synthesis plates so that they are ready for synthesis; which includes washing, drying, fritting and membrane loading
- Perform lab cleaning and decontamination protocols.
- Keep all the reagent and water bottles at levels to achieve successful operation.
- Change waste containers and dispose of waste material.
- Keep stock levels sufficient in the lab.
- Assist with general laboratory maintenance.
- Maintain accurate and detailed product & instrument records.
- Communicate with all levels of peers and management
- Perform other duties as specified by management.
- Report any problems to Shift Leader, Group Leader or Management.
- Follow all work instructions and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be aware for the policy on and contribute to quality and environmental management by adhering to the requirements of the ISO 9001, 13485 and 14001 standards and internal procedures and work instructions.
- Since they are supplying customers from all over the world, they are working from Sunday evening to Friday evening in shifts. Every lab technician works in a fix shift, being either the night shift (10pm-7am, 25% bonus), the early shift (7am-4pm) or the late shift (1pm-10pm, 7,5% bonus). You will be working probably in the early shift.
- Possess a high school degree (a Science related field is a plus) or equivalent job experience.
- Good knowledgde of English
- Must have excellent computer skills which includes knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to changes in the process.
- Must possess the ability to work in a detailed way in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive work according to set procedures.
- Must be able to work in a group or independently.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with employees, and all levels of management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work over 40 hours per week, if required.
- Must be able to be on feet a few hours at a time.
- Ergonomic/physical requirements:
- Continuous standing and/or walking for 6-8 hours during the shift.
- Intermittently grasping during shift, less than 4 hours cumulative.
- Intermittently repetitive motion during shift, less than 4 hours cumulative.
- Sporadic computer exposure off and on throughout the day, normally up to 6-8 hours.
- Temp to perm position
- Shift premium, depending on the shift you work in
- Full time (40h per week)
- Hospitalization insurance
- Group insurance (including pension plan, guaranteed income etc.)
- Meal vouchers of 8,00 euros per day worked
- Transportation allowance
- Up to 32 days of time off per year