Senior Environmental Testing Analyst
Senior analysts, we need you! Our client in Cork, a leading provider of water testing services, is looking for highly trained analysts to join a fast paced team at their environmental testing facility.
As a Senior Environmental Testing Analyst, you will perform a variety of analyses on various water samples. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the laboratory, ensure health and safety, maintain quality standards, and abide to customer requirements.
If you join the team of senior analysts, you will also be responsible for providing technical support and training to the junior analysts on the floor. Additionally, you will be responsible for the maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of laboratory instruments and equipment; and for keeping up-to-date with new testing techniques and equipment.
- Environmental testing on various samples, including water samples.
- Comply to strict SOPs, client requests, and quality standards.
- Record, analyze, and report test results accurately.
- Maintain laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with testing processes.
- Supervise, train, and guide staff as required, participate in training programs, undergo further training as required, and participate in schemes to ensure ongoing competence and development of skills.
- Allocate work to technicians based on thorough contract review and ensure that the laboratory meets customer deadlines and continually improves TATs.
- Scientific degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years years of laboratory experience is a must, preferably in water testing.
- Experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS ICP-MS, pH, KF, and more.
- Experience with wet chemistry techniques, inorganic testing, and related instrumentation.
- Experience with audits is a pre.
- Positive attitude, open-minded and can handle pressure well.
- Experience with the use LIMS Systems, MS Office packages, in particular Excel.
- Salary: 2800- 3300 euros per month.
- Contract: Temporary with possibility for an extension.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week.