You are driven by scientific discovery, passionate about iPSC work and genome editing, and eager to contribute to groundbreaking neuroscience research! We have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the future of medicine and drug development.
We are seeking a hands-on scientist / specialist with expertise in iPSC work and genome editing. The ideal candidate will support our clients' neuroscience drug discovery programs, focusing on a pooled CRISPR screen with single-cell RNA-sequencing read-out (Perturb-seq) in iPSC-derived neurons.
- Design, execute & analyze experiments;
- Producing and maintaining mammalian cell cultures;
- Culturing iPSCs;
- Perform CRISPR/Cas;
- Perform biomolecular analysis including: transfections, viral transductions, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, PCR, RT-qPCR and western blotting;
- PhD in cell biology, molecular genetics, or a related field in biological life sciences.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in mammalian cell cultures, stem cells, and genome editing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management abilities.
- Proficiency in cellular and biomolecular techniques.
- Fluent in English.
- Directly employed by Oxford, initial project till the end of the year, possible: long-term perspective;
- Mobile phone provided & monthly phone contribution;
- Monthly allowance for meal vouchers;
- Travel allowance;
- Hospital & Group insurance;
- Opportunities for education and training;
- Fulltime position, daytime work;
- Region: Antwerp
Vacancy number: 22877