Are you looking for a challenge as a Research Assistant in the lab for nutritional research? Would you love to work for an international lab oriented company based in the region of Utrecht? This will be for you then!
As a Research Assistant you will join the Gut-Brain & Neuroscience lab team. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for conducting in-vitro research to discover new nutritional concepts that support neurological disabilities. Your primary responsibilities will include working in the lab on (primary) cell cultures, using immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis. You will be expected to perform experiments independently, engage in literature surveys and internal lab meetings to stay up to date with the latest findings.
- Conduct in-vitro research;
- Work with (primary) cell cultures using immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis;
- Engage in literature surveys;
- Perform data analysis using standard software packages.
- Bsc/Msc in Life Sciences/Biology/Neuroscience/Neuroimmunology
- Skilled at conducting experiments independently;
- Experienced in working with cell cultures;
- Relevant work experience with immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis (high content imaging);
- Experience in programming (Python);
- Excellent communication with fluency in English.
- Salary indication: €2300-€2900 gross per month;
- Contract: 10 month with the possibility of extension;
- Travel expenses;
- Region: Utrecht.