Are you a seasoned professional in the field of molecular biology with exceptional management capabilities? If you have a solid background in product development within the biotech, food, or pharmaceutical industries, and possess expertise in microbiology and Next-Generation sequencing, we want to connect with you!
Our client offers a complete range of microbial genomics services for many applications including metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, microbiome analysis and microbial strain characterization.
We are looking for an experienced product development expert to drive innovation and growth and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the organization. Your key responsibilities include overseeing product management and driving development initiatives for commercialization. You will lead a team of experts (12 fte) to create a competitive product portfolio featuring well-defined unique selling points that align short, mid, and long-term strategies of the company. You will provide strategic direction for the product lines and ensure their technical performance.
- Responsible for product management and development
- Lead a team of highly skilled scientists, product developers, and bioinformaticians. (~12 Fte)
- Create a competitive product portfolio and align product portfolio with compagnies short, mid, and long-term strategy
- Work closely with the commercial and operational teams to develop new products
- Maintain regular contact with customers
- Within this role you are part management team
- PhD level
- Proven Expertise in Microbiology, Bioinformatics, or Genomics
- Management experience in a commercial environment
- Product Development experience within Microbiology and Next-Generation sequencing in a big plus
- Able to work on-site in Leiden
- Long term position
- Salary indication: €115.000,- annual
- 40 hours per week, part-time is discussable
- Region: Leiden
Vacancy number: 23634