Senior Environmental Testing Analyst
Our client in Cork, Ireland is a leading provider of water testing services, offering chemical and microbiological analysis for natural and built environments. With a network of accredited laboratories, highly trained analysts, technical experts, and sampling specialists, they ensure accurate and timely results for clients.
As a Senior Environmental Testing Analyst will perform a variety of environmental tests on various water samples. to oversee the day-to-day operations of the laboratory, ensuring compliance with health and safety, quality system, and customer requirements. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical support and training to team members.In this role, you will ensure that all testing is performed in compliance with established protocols, procedures, and quality standards. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining laboratory instruments and equipment, troubleshooting and resolving issues with testing processes, and keeping up-to-date with new testing techniques and equipment.
- Conduct environmental tests on various samples, including water testing labs.
- Ensure compliance with established protocols, procedures, and quality standards.
- Record, analyze, and report test results accurately.
- Maintain laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with testing processes.
- Supervise, train, and guide staff as required, participate in training programs, undergo further training as required, and participate in schemes to ensure ongoing competence and development of skills.
- Allocate work to technicians based on thorough contract review and ensure that the laboratory meets customer deadlines and continually improves TATs.
- Graduates in Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field.
- 2-3 years of Lab experience is a must, preferably in water testing.
- Experience with HPLC, LC-MS ICP-MS, pH, etc.
- Experience with wet chem, inorganic testing, and instrumentation.
- Experience with audits, ensure method validation for internal and external audits.
- SOPs for instrumentation, Prep validation protocols.
- Positive attitude, open-minded and can handle pressure well.
- Good keyboard skills and experience of LIMS Systems, MS Office packages, in particular Excel.
- Competitive salary: 2800- 3300 euros per month.
- Contract: Temporary with possibility for an extension.
- Working week: 37.5 hours (Flexible work options)
- 22 days annual leave plus service days (additional days off)
- Life assurance, pension scheme, employee assistance program,paid health insurance scheme.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please apply now!