Our client, a leading medical laboratory in Dublin, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Medical Scientist to join their AutoLab department. As an ISO 15189 accredited laboratory, our client is dedicated to providing accurate and reliable medical testing services to patients across Ireland.
The Medical Scientist will report to the Head of Department and Laboratory Services Manager and will be responsible for performing automated and manual haematology, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, and blood parasitology analysis. They will also be responsible for evaluating and authorizing results, carrying out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures, and contributing to the continuous improvement of the department.
- Perform various laboratory tests including haematology, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, and blood parasitology analysis.
- Evaluate and authorize test results, while adhering to sample handling procedures.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the ISO 15189 quality management system.
- Use laboratory information management systems to manage data.
- Assist in method development and implementation of new techniques.
- Process samples using automated and manual methods, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
- Monitor and investigate non-conformances and audits.
- Record and investigate clinical complaints, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Prepare reagents and manage reagent and consumable stock levels.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instruments.
- Practice GLP.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Science or related field.
- Fully confirmed registration with CORU as a Medical Scientist is a MUST.
- Relevant experience in a multidisciplinary medical laboratory.
- Salary:2500-3500 euros per month
- Health insurance, life assurance, income protection, and pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent training and exceptional career prospects.
- Part of the company's annual bonus scheme.