Interested in a position as researcher? Then we have the right job for you!
Our client is looking for a researcher supporting the global Technology R&D division for hydrocarbon & petrochemical applications. The person will be based in their European Technology Centre of Excellence, located at Heverlee end will be responsible for research, development, and commercialization of innovative chemical treatment solutions for unit operations of Hydrocarbon and Chemical Process Industry applications.
- As project manager of research projects, do planning and/or execution of experiments (apply Six Sigma process and tools to develop high quality), analyse & interpret data, communicate project status to cross-functional stakeholders, achieve goals and hit project milestones.
- Providing technical support and trials at customer sites across Europe, Middle East, and Africa to assess new product and equipment performance.
- Delivering solutions to complex problems that customers from the Hydrocarbon and Chemical Process Industry are confronted with, by performing laboratory-scale simulation studies, evaluating the efficiency of treatment products, correlating results to full-scale applications, and demonstrating the optimization of performance of processes.
- Master or PhD degree in organic/polymer Chemistry or Chemical engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- Expertise in one of the following areas: Hydrocarbon Process Industry, Petrochemical Industry (1-3 years experience at least)
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with a critical analytical mindset and driven by high quality standards
- Keen to embrace and implement technology evolutions
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English (verbal and written), knowledge of Dutch is surplus
- Proficiency in professional reporting/communication in both research and customer environment
- Excellent communication skills towards all levels within the organization
- Capable of driving the implementation of projects and programs
- Strong environmental, health and safety ethics
- Existing right to work in Europe required
- A challening position in a growing, innovative company.
- Competitive salary
- 32 holidays per year
Vacancy number: 21197