We are looking for a production assistant with a can-do attitude to assist with crop work, sowing of new plants, and maintaining high quality standards. Sound interesting? Then keep reading
For our client who is a large player in the world supply of food, we are looking for enthousiastic people to support the team temporarily (5 months). As a crop worker in the biotechnology industry, you will be responsible for performing both machine and manual work, using tools to carry out daily crop care tasks such as sowing plants, picking and planting plants, leaf cutting, preparing facilities, cleaning facilities, extracting seeds, and harvesting. We are looking for someon who can work in a tidy manner and double checks their work to ensure accuracy and efficiency. It is important to maintain a clean and organized work environment, and you will be responsible for keeping the department clean and tidy at all times. In addition to these tasks, you will be responsible for operating and driving various tools and vehicles such as shovels, tractors, and forklifts. You should be able to work efficiently and safely with these tools and vehicles.
This role will require you to bend and lift frequently, as well as sit or stand for long periods of time. You should be physically fit and able to handle the demands of this position.
Overall, the Crop Worker will be an integral part of the biotechnology team, contributing to the success of our crop care and production operations.
- Daily crop care: sowing by hand, twisting plants, lowering plants, picking and planting plants, leaf cutting, vibrating trusses, preparing facilities, removing crops from facilities, extracting seeds, and harvesting;
- Operating various machines such as shovels, tractors, and forklifts;
- Maintain a neat work environment, cleaning facilities;
- Support operations when needed;
- MBO work-level;
- Background in microbiology or similar is considered a plus;
- Experience in a laboratory or QC environment is an advantage;
- Own transport is recommended as the location is difficult to reach by public transport;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- You are practical and assertive and above all a nice colleague;
- Employment contract: temporary employment for 5 months
- Salary indication: € 2100,- to € 2500,- gross per month, depending on education and experience.
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Delft
- Vacancy number: 21713
Important note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed