This independent provider of medical laboratory testing services in Ireland is hiring a Medical Scientist in Histology to join their team at their Histology Department located in Dublin.They offer a wide range of clinical tests and are part of one of the largest medical laboratory groups in Europe
Job Description: As a Medical Scientist in Histology, you will be an integral part of our department's team and assist our company in maintaining a high standard in medical testing. You will provide support to clients and colleagues to ensure a first-class service and maintain and enhance your professional knowledge and skills as required. You will work with colleagues to contribute towards the continuous improvement of the department. You will also be required to rotate through all the functions of a histopathology laboratory including cut-up/dissection, embedding, microtomy (manual and automatic) and routine and special stains.
- Assist in maintaining a high standard in medical testing.
- Provide support to clients and colleagues to ensure a first-class service.
- Work with colleagues to contribute towards the continuous improvement of the department.
- Assist in the organisation of workload, prioritising tasks to ensure the effective running of the department..
- To be compliant with all the documentation related to your Department to include - Training record, SOP's, Forms.
- Participate in method development and implementation of new techniques.
- Advise of any equipment failures or problems encountered in the course of carrying out his/her duties.
- Perform routine duties as required to ensure patient results are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist in the completion of the daily work including work files,enter QC result data.
- Prepare reagents.
- Assist in maintaining stock levels of reagents and consumables.Prepare and analyze samples in accordance with SOP's.
- Maintain instrumentation,disinfect working areas daily and Demonstrate Good Laboratory Practice.
- Must be able to provide evidence that you are fully registered to practice as a Medical Scientist, by the state agency CORU, providing CORU Registration Number.
- Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Science.
- 6 months to 1 year experince in a similar role.
- Competitive salary: 3000-4000 euros per month.
- Flexible working hours.
- 27 days annual leave entitlement.
- Excellent training and exceptional career prospects.