Our client, a distinguished player in the biopharmaceutical sector, is pioneering the utilization of human strengths and collective immune systems to select optimal cells for life-enhancing therapies. Their NK cell (natural killer cell) research and development initiatives stand on the forefront of innovation, opening doors to groundbreaking therapies in immuno-oncology and beyond. To support the advancement of their innovative NK cell therapies, they are seeking an Associate Scientist for the Downstream Process Development team located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If you are passionate about cutting-edge science and aspire to contribute to transformative therapies, this role could be your next step.
As an Associate Scientist Downstream Processing, you will play a crucial part within the Downstream Process Development team. Your contributions will be integral to optimizing and refining processes aimed at delivering life-changing therapies to patients.
- Operate and maintain downstream systems such as (ultra)Filtration, AKTA, TFF systems, etc.
- Collect, analyze, and report experimental data, addressing technical challenges.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop robust, scalable processes.
- Assist in tech transfer and manufacturing support.
- Optimize and characterize downstream processes for improved outcomes.
- Manage procurement of consumables and devices.
- Maintain thorough laboratory documentation and draft SOPs, protocols, and reports.
- Provide support to the USP team as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific field.
- 1-5 years of experience in biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related disciplines.
- Proficiency in chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration.
- Independent ability to review and analyze experiments.
- Strong organizational skills in experiment recording and data summarization.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Solid understanding of GMP standards.
- Availability for weekend work and on-call service.
- Start on a one year contract through Oxford Global Resources - realistic long-term perspective
- Salary; €2.750 - €4.000,- gross a month based upon a full-time, 40 hour, workweek
- Autonomy and opportunities for professional growth
- Inclusive and dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking therapies
- Collaborative atmosphere that values ideas and talent
Vacancy number; 23320
Only persons with a valid Dutch work permit are eligible for this vacancy.