We are looking for a proactive (senior) associate researcher who will work with SEM, TEM and FIB-SEM in an R&D environment.
- Prepares samples and perform analyses using TEM / SEM / FIB-SEM
- Development of various sample prep methods for different materials.
- Design, develop and maintain various complex analytical instruments and methods
- Supervise junior staff and maintain safety on the lab
- Interact with internal customers, to contribute R&D projects
- Depending on the workload in the solids characterization team, you may support other (microscopy) sample preparation techniques (e.g. microtome), solids characterization techniques (e.g. XRD XRF)
- Msc degree or higher in Physics or Chemistry
- Hands-on experience with SEM and/or TEM microscopes
- Working knowledge of heterogeneous catalysts
- Experience with Thermo FIB-SEM is desirable (but not required); appropriate training and supervision will be provided
- A high degree of manual dexterity and attention to detail is required
- Employment: temporary contract with prospect of a permanent contract
- Salary indication: from € 4000 to € 5500
- Working hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Amsterdam