Hands-on Scientist position with a specialty in big DNA viruses, for an R&D company specialized in immunology and virology in the Lelystad area, with a focus on molecular biology and virology.
For a biotechnology company in Flevoland we are searching for an experienced Research Scientist who specializes in virology to come join the R&D team. In this position you will research new and upcoming viruses, specifically big DNA viruses like African Swine Fever, and develop novel vaccines for the animal health industry. For this vacancy you will use a broad spectrum of virological (titrations, virus assays), immunological (ELISA, FACS) and molecular biological (PCR, cloning, culturing) techniques. This is a project of three years, starting with a one year contract.
- Research novel vaccines and emerging viruses in animal health by using:
- Molecular biology and virology (PCR, ELISA, titrations, culturing);
- Lead research by guiding associate scientists;
- Designing studies, creating reports, presenting, data processing, etc.;
- Working according to strict GLP / GMP guidelines;
- Finished PhD in the field of virology and immunology;
- Several years of experience with large DNA viruses (such as ASF) is a must;
- Experience with a variety of molecular biological and virologic techniques;
- Professional English is a must, Dutch is not a must;
- Eligibility to work in the Netherlands or the ability to attain this is a must.
- Contract: 1 year with intention 3 years, after that is still uncertain;
- Salary indication: €3900 to €5000;
- Hours: 32 - 40 hours per week;
- Location: Lelystad area;
Vacancy number: 20222