- Provide direct, onsite interface between Vocera and JDM/Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) partners to facilitate run-the-business metrics, demand-supply and production execution, quality/change control management and value engineering.
- Coordinate new product design, development, manufacturing, process, test, tooling, quality, and materials readiness for new product introduction, and ramp over the product's life cycles.
- Provide guidance on build, materials and/or resource allocation prioritization.
- Oversight of CORM (customer-owned raw materials) and PPV on site.
- Coordinate site visits, audits, Quality Business Reviews (QBR)/Executive Business Reviews (EBRs), etc.
- Identify and help drive risk mitigation and cost avoidance strategies.
- Identify and coordinate process improvements.
- Ensure that approved ECOs and supplier-initiated change requests are implemented correctly.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure supply continuity, cost stability and continuous improvement
- Drive key efficiencies with supplier, support faster and more product launches.
- Perform gap analysis to standards and helps establish best practices and document procedures, monitor audit corrective and preventive actions.
- Identify training requirements and help guide, validate, and monitor training for current and new employees.
- Work with purchasing and supplier base to implement supplier quality requirements (Statistical Process Control (SPC), Audit, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Part certification)
- Ensure adherence to Vocera's requirements for outgoing quality.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Thrives in new & ambiguous environments, a fast an eager learner
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and risk mitigation skills
- Ability to decompose complex problems and provide a clear, actionable go forward plan
- Ability to bring consensus to a cross-functional team with different objectives - skilled at identifying unifying objectives to keep team focused on project
- Well experienced with Taiwan-based JDM development and production
- Track record of building strong and lasting internal and external relationships
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive, out-of-box problem solver
- Change agent, always looking for opportunities to innovate
- Well experienced in conducting audits and driving improvements
- Experienced in failure analysis methodologies- 5 Why, Fishbone, 8D
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies such as SPC, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP; Control plans and part certification
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for molded plastic parts and electronics assembly of printed circuit boards
- IPC certified
- BS degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 8+ years' experience in consumer, commercial, or enterprise (wireless) products manufactured in a joint-development ODM model
- 5+ years in engineering related role
- Strong understanding of both HW and SW/Firmware development methodologies
- Successful track record of end-to-end life cycle management, particularly New Product Introduction, Sustaining, and EOL product transitions
- Solid experience with product or project management strategies
- Experience working with ODM partners with engineering and manufacturing in Asia
- Experience performing Supplier Quality Management System Audits to identify risk in their production and process controls and working on and executing Quality Agreements
- English and Mandarin speaking required
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% required
- Certified Internal auditor
Nice to have:
- Experience in supply chain with strategic sourcing or supplier development
- Experience with low volume/high mix Tier 1/ Tier 2 CMs like Jabil, Sercomm, Fox, Flex, Pegatron, etc.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO 9001
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications
- Knowledge of Quality Concepts (e.g., Risk Management, NC/CAPA, Statistics, MSA)
Add a Public Description Here