We are looking for a Senior Bioinformatician, Data Manager and Statistician, for an international knowledge institute in the Wageningen area. A scientist position where you will fill a prominent role within the data science team, working with scientists, researchers and data managers to ensure proper data management, data visualization and much more!
Our client is a CRO in the pharmaceutical and medical food industry. They perform high quality and complex research for third parties, and as a Senior Bioinformatician and Data Manager it is your responsibility to ensure proper data management, processing of large data sets and visualizing this data to make sure other researchers, managers and clients understand the data. You work as a senior in a team of Junior Statisticians, Data Managers, and work together with Research Scientists and Project Managers.
- Analyze, interpret and organize biological data;
- Visualize data sets and present them to multidisciplinary project teams;
- Development of new methods to analyze the data (algorithms, programming, discover new programs);
- Cooperation with the Data Science team and leading them as a Senior;
- Collaboration with experts both internally and externally.
- MSc or PhD degree with relevant experience in Data Science in a biological setting;
- Industrial experience in bioinformatics and data management with large biological datasets is a must;
- Extensive experience with R, Python, Linux, Git, etc. is all a huge plus;
- Experience with visualizing, organizing and presenting large data sets;
- Communicative, project management skills, leadership qualities;
- English is a must, Dutch a plus;
- Employment: Long term;
- Salary indication: from approximately €3800 to €6000 gross per month;
- Working hours: 32 - 40h per week;
- Location: Wageningen Region;
- Vacancy number: 19736;