Are you looking for a new opportunity to unleash your leadership skills and make a profound impact as Sr. Director Operations? We are looking for the entrepreneur who wants to take charge of building and leading a cutting-edge laboratory. Shape the future of this company, drive operational success, and create innovative solutions in a rapidly growing environment.
In essence, you are responsible for driving operational excellence, ensuring alignment with strategic goals, and fostering collaboration across the organization to achieve efficient and effective outcomes.
This role plays a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the organization's operations in the Netherlands. You will be building a successful team (up to 60 FTE) by providing clear direction and fostering a positive work environment, and lay the foundation for a high-performing and collaborative group.
You will manage the entire company: QA, QC, R&D, HR. Development of strategies for operational excellence, improve financial performance, ensuring compliance with regulations and collaborate with business development are key aspects of your role.
- Allocate resources effectively, including budget, personnel, and equipment, to support various operational initiatives while maintaining cost-efficiency
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the performance of different operational areas. Regularly analyzing these metrics helps in making data-driven decisions
- Build and lead a team responsible for all aspects of analytical testing (mainly LC-MS and GC-MS)
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and streamline operations. This can involve implementing Lean or Six Sigma methodologies including LIMS and automation, and adopt appropriate measurement methods
- Improve the team's financial performance through cost control and investment decisions (full P&L responsibility)
- Work closely with other departments, such as sales, marketing, finance, and HR, to ensure seamless collaboration and alignment of efforts across the organization
- In collaboration with product development and business development, develop new services to generate additional revenues
- Provide regular reports to Vice President of Operation, highlighting operational performance, challenges, and proposed solutions
- Min. Bachelor's in relevant laboratory related work field such as (bio)chemistry or similar
- Advanced degrees (e.g. MBA) can be beneficial
- Experience with managing P&L for a business
- Experience in establishing new facilities and teams is beneficial
- Solid experience with leading (project) teams
- Excellent command of both English and Dutch is a must
- Knowledge of analytical techniques, LC-MS, GC-MS specifically is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 is a plus
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch languages
- As a person we are looking for a inventive, entrepreneurial person who is continuously looking on improving capability of business
- Direct contract with the company
- Salary indication: highly competitive
- Working-hours: 40 hours a week
- Region: Utrecht
Vacancy number: 23359