We are looking for an expert in the field of petrochemistry, with some experience with pilot plants and catalysts. Is this you, and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field by means of applied research? Then apply for this chemist position.
Do you want to work for an international chemical company, which conducts research into new products and application areas for lubricants and fuels? Then you're luck, because they have a vacancy for a chemist available. We are looking for an experienced pilot plant chemist to strengthen the R&D team at their research laboratory. In this role you will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals to improve upon existing methodologies suitable for metalworking- and cleaning. As chemist & subject matter expert you will use your chemical background you will work together with the chemist in order to develop new tests and optimize existing plans. Working on the pilot plant, makes this a technical and interesting postion, wherin ofcouse the quality and safety measures need be taken into account. You are responsible, but also creative by bringing your idea's to the table and having the execution power to make them into a success.
- Development & optimization of pilot plant testing methodologies;
- Perform tests at the Catalyst Pilot Plant;
- Starting, planning, & executing projects;
- Engaging in technical discussions within the R&D team;
- Analysis of results and planning of new experiments;
- Ensuring the quality of the reports by contributing to the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used.
- At least BSc or MSc in (organic) chemistry or similar;
- At least 3 years with R&D / pilot plant / catalyst development or similar is a must;
- Industry experience required, this is not a position for a starter;
- Ability to work with a great level of independence and the ability to effectively manage projects;
- Anlaytical mindset and a good feeling for numbers, statistics, and trends;
- Excellent communicative skills and a client oriented approach;
- English is a must, Dutch an advantage;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: start via Oxford for at least 1 year, extension possible;
- Salary: €3500 - €6000 gross monthly based on a full-time position;
- Holidays: 25;
- Hours: full-time, part-time discussable, flexible work times;
- Vacancy number: 21348
Important note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed