We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Lab Technician to join our Molecular Biology team. Dou you enjoy performing PCR and RNA/DNA isolations? Apply now!
Our client is specialized in the breeding, production and sales of hybrid vegetable seeds such as tomato, cucumber, melon, eggplant, etc. In the laboratory different seeds are sown, grown and after a visual check transplanted for further research. It the QC laboratory tests are mainly done in the field of seed health by detection of plant pathogens. This involves microbiological tests and molecular biological test. For this department we are looking for a technician who will assist with the daily operations of the laboratory, including molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, and DNA purification.
- Assist in the preparation of reagents and solutions for molecular biology experiments
- Perform (routine) molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, and DNA purification
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and document experimental procedures in LIMS
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment and inventory
- Work closely with the research team to ensure smooth laboratory operations
- Assist with other laboratory duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager
- Completed MLO4/HLO education in the direction of microbiology, molecular biology or plant biology;
- Relevant experience with molecular biological tests (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation);
- Experience in a diagnostic or QC environment is a plus;
- Affinity with computer & lab automation (Office 365, liquid handling, LIMS);
- Own transport is recommended as the location is difficult to reach by public transport;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
Terms of employment
- Employment contract: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, prolongation not excluded
- Salary indication: € 2200,- to € 2600,- gross per month, depending on education and experience.
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Delft
- Vacancy number: 21797