We are looking for an enthusiastic Fermentation Technician. Do you have a background in life science, biotechnology or fermentation and are you looking for something new? Then apply now!
Do you want to work at a large international company that makes an impact on the food industry? Then this might be the job for you. We are looking for a technician that is passionate about food ingredients and has experience in biotechnological techniques to produce them efficiently. In the role of fermentation technician, you will work on various projects related to product development for savoury food products. By means of fermentation experiments you will be screening different strains and optimizing conditions for the growth of yeast and other micro-organisms. You'll work in one of the larger projects regarding sugar reduction. We are looking for an experienced technician with a hands-on, and flexible mindset to join the team.
- Perform fermentation experiments and analyze your results;
- Work on large fermentation project and optimize the efficiency;
- Organize your work to meet deadlines and project goals;
- Understanding of technical issues;
- Reporting your results, interpreting data and documentation according to quality guidelines;
- Provide input to the project teams, based on your experimental results;
- HLO or MSc education in biotechnology, life science, microbiology or similar;
- Preferably some work experience but if you have internship experience with fermentation you're encouraged to apply.
- Preferably experience with fermentation in a food setting;
- Biotechnology experience with cell culture or microbiology is also more than welcome;
- A critical and analytical mindset;
- Eager to learn and develop you skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a pré;
- Living in the Delft area and in possession of a valid, unlimited work permit;
- Contract: 6 months via Oxford Global Resources, possibility for extension;
- Salary: €2800 - €3100 gross per month;
- Start: As soon as possible;
- Hours: 40 hours per week, fulltime; if your experience is a good fit 32 hours could be negotiable
- Area: Delft;
- Vacancy number: 22621